Network Interface and Dial Backup Modules
Delivering a variety of modules to support a breadth of network applications.
A Flexible, Modular Platform
Access slots in each NetVanta chassis support a variety of NetVanta Network Interface Modules (NIM's), Dial Backup Interface Modules (DIM's), or Wide Modules to terminate the wide area connection.
Network Interface Modules (NIM's)
• T1/FT1 - Terminates a full T1 or a fractional T1 for Frame Relay or PPP networks.
• T1/FT1+DSX-1 - Offers full T1 or fractional T1 interface, plus additional DSX-1 interface to
drop-off voice traffic to a PBX.
• Dual T1 - Terminates two individual T1s/FT1s or two T1s aggregated together using
Multilink Frame Relay
• E1/FE1 - Terminates a full E1 or a franctional E1 for Frame Relay or PPP networks
• E1/FE1+G.703 - Offers full E1 or Fractional E1 interfase, plus additional G.703 interface
to drop-off traffic to a PBX
• ADSL - Supports ADSL over POTS (Annex A), including ADSL2 and ADSL2+ at rates up
• SHDSL - Terminates a single 200 kbps to 2312 kbps G991.2 SHDSL link for Frame Relay
or PPP networks
• 56/64 kbps - A WAN interface for a single 56k or 64k Digital Data System (DDS) network
• Serial - Supports a V.35, EIA-530, or X.21 (V11) interface for synchronous operations
up to 4Mbps
Dial Backup Interface Modules (DIMs)
• ISDN BRI U - Restoral via the PSTN at 64 kbps
• ISDN BRI S/T - Restoral via Euro-ISDN at 64 kbps
• Analog Modem - V.90 restoral and remote dial-in configuration and management
• Serial - Restoral via an external modem
A single NetVanta NIM slot can house both a NIM and DIM together. The NetVanta NIM is a plug-in form factor and can carry a NetVanta DIM, which is a plug-on form factor to the NIM.